Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 26, 2014

Day 284 – (AD 714) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.3 Miles – Boxing Day On My Schwinn 170

Good Boxing Day,

Hope Christmas Day was a pleasant one. Mine was very, very nice with the family.

Today I cycled another 22.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. My total keeps on mounting – Grand total this morning 14,472.6 miles; 23,726 kilometers. I should be hitting the 15,000-mile mark shortly.

And as I forewarned my blood sugar count would rise somewhat during the month of December. This morning it was up 4 points. I recorded 115. I’m a bit about the normal sugar level which “is currently considered to be less than 100 mg/dL when fasting and less than 140 mg/dL two hours after eating.” And “A person is said to have diabetes if his or her fasting blood sugar level is higher than 126 mg/dL after not eating – fasting – for eight hours.” (WebMD)

I am now 562 days WITHOUT my diabetes medications.


Well it looks like there is something on either the lens of the camera or on the windshield of the Google Maps vehicle. Yes, I am still headed south in the Northern Territory on my virtual Trek through Australia. I have now completed 58.37% of that journey and I am located on the National Highway 87. Only 463 miles to go to my next destination and goal point.

Well I know that age must be slowly creeping up on me. Even my electronic devices are trying to tell me something. Each morning after I pedal on my Schwinn 170 for 70+ minutes I record my weight and other vitals. This morning I dictated "169.6" as my weight into my iPhone. The computer brain seemed fit to write out “”Sensodyne”. Nope there is nothing wrong with my teeth… I hope.

Last night with some of our left-overs I made an Okonomiyaki - お好み焼き for supper.  A sort of Japanese pancake, in my version, that I learned to make a couple of years ago. Still as always, a great supper and “go-to” dish.

Okonomiyaki in the frying pan
Okonomiyaki on the platter

Okonomiyaki on plate.

I needed to wind down after the day and supper. I watched two distinctly different polar opposite movies last night. That’s sort of how my mind works, most days. The two movies were the 2013 Dallas Buyers Club and the 2014 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. If there is any uniform lesson to be taught by each of these dissimilar movies – "Can we ultimately learn from our mistakes?"  (Just me thinking…)


This is my 755th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 57,888 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment