Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day 285 – (AD 715) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

My thoughts and prayers go to Cathy and her family. I will miss Ian. Memories of Beaconsfield, trombones, and Ranch, the two of you…and Sir Ian will always have a part in me.

Today I pedaled 21.8 miles on my Schwinn 170. My total mileage is now 14,764.4; 23,761.1 kilometers.


I am still located on Stuart Highway headed south in Northern Territory.

From Slate I just read an article by Steven Pinker and Andrew Mack “The World Is Not Falling Apart” (December 2014)

Newsreaders will always perceive that they live in dangerous times… And as the political scientist John Mueller points out, in most years bee stings, deer collisions, ignition of nightwear, and other mundane accidents kill more Americans than terrorist attacks.


Are you ready for the BIGGEST New Year's Masquerade Ball?

"Republicans Raise $500k For Scott Inauguration" - CBS, Miami – (Dec. 26, 2014)



And sometimes it is hard to understand what is just what. Having been an English teacher I got caught up in the article “Teaching Essay Writing in Pyongyang” by Suki Kim in Slate (Dec. 2, 2014) -

"It was not until later that day that I looked on the Internet (to which only the teachers were allowed access; the students were not aware of its existence) and learned that North Korea had already been knocked out, and the results had been announced some time ago."

I know that I try not to be taken in by any extreme, from either side of the aisle, writer and/or “pseudo-entertainer” commentator. I posed a question to Google Search – “How to know if a media commentator is biased?” I got 9,290,000 results in just 0.53 seconds. I asked iSEEK and I got 25 results…and WolframAlpha didn’t understand my query.

This is my 756th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 57,967 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment