Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 235 – (AD 1,397) – 21.5 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals 29,631.5 miles; 47,687.4 kilometers.



And I have completed 23.8% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

Warning –



Genealogy –

Sometimes it is possible to follow a wrong lead while researching an ancestry line.


I have been researching Great-Great-Grandaunt Sarah E. Pierce. She was born 14 July 1841 in Maryland. One Sarah E. Pierce I discovered married Samuel Mimm 27 May 1869 in Chester, Pennsylvania. GG-Grandaunt Sarah, this Sarah Mimm died in 1909 in Avondale, Chester, Pennsylvania.

Her parents were GGG-Grandparents William H. and Sarah P. (née Fuller) Pierce. GG-Grandaunt Sarah E. was one of their 11 children.

Of course, I can follow their line and descendants. The issue is there are a couple of other Sarah E. Pierces in my research who may or may not be one and the same.

The line I am referring to may or may not be correct. Hopefully, someone may be able to provide some verifiable proof.

Check my work at A Genealogy Hunt - https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/.

Soapbox –

It is that I would like to but it is almost impossible to hide from articles regarding the character, or lack thereof, of #45.

This morning, as always one of my Google News search items is “Fabric Art”. I have set this is with my quilting hobby I am always interested in reading what might be going on in fabric art and the art of fabric.


And what should pop up?

Sheryl Gay Stolberg’s The New York Times, Aug 7, 2017, “Many Politicians Lie. But Trump Has Elevated the Art of Fabrication.

“Whit Ayres, a Republican political consultant here, likes to tell his clients that there are “three keys to credibility.”
“One, never defend the indefensible,” he says. “Two, never deny the undeniable. And No. 3 is: Never lie.” Would that politicians took his advice…
…Mr. Trump is trafficking in hyperbole, distortion and fabrication on practically a daily basis…”

This is my 1,498th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 179,929 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment