Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Days 250 – (AD 1,412) – 20.3 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

On this extremely wet morning, I pedaled, indoors, of course, my Schwinn 170 another 20.3 miles. Totals are now at 29,941.6 miles; 48,186.4 kilometers.

And I have completed 94.2% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.


Looks like I’ve got to start searching for the next one. I am keeping my eye on Fournier Crater. According to Wolfram Alpha, it is approximately 580 miles from Liris Valles, sort of in a north-east direction.

Soapbox –

Is there any significance to the 222nd Day? According to FiveThirtyEight the weighted average of consolidated polls has #45’s lowest approval rating of 36.9%.


And the trend has continued to move on DOWN the slope. #45 continues to rank lower than President Gerald Ford, who was ranked one of the lowest on the approval rating scale.

I have this angst against franchised restaurants and their fast foods. As you may already know I like to eat, and I like to cook…but I also like to try different types of cuisines. Even though I do eat at them, franchised foods are not something that I hold at a high esteem when thinking of good food.

And then I read this story on USA Today – “Couple Finished Quest to Eat At Every Cracker Barrel In USA”. (Jessica Bliss, Aug. 28, 2017).  It took them 40 years and an estimated 5 million miles.

“They ate their favorite meals — meatloaf and pancakes and grilled chicken sandwiches — in the most obscure of places: Duncan, S.C., and Layton, Utah, and Baraboo, Wis.”

My own opinion withheld. Each to their own.

And in an attempt to satiate my appetite, I’ll probably be making some sort of Poutine dish for supper tonight. Maybe Tater Tot Poutine.

This is my 1,512th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 181,244 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment