Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, November 13, 2017

Day 291 – (AD 1,453) – 24.7 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled my Schwinn 170 24.7 miles. Totals stand at 30,954.1 miles; 49,815.9 kilometers.


I have completed 62.6% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

Soapbox –

The word “great” is defined as “of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average; excellently; very well”. I know that I, when rating something or someone, and “great” is the highest choice on any scale of reference, I seldom use the top choice, “great”. I do not feel that ranking something or someone is credible to be ranked as the definitive.

And then there is #45. Not that I am comparing myself or would ever think of equating myself against any occupant of the Oval Office. Does he, #45, have an understanding that his “great” when he uses the word in any series of statements or rhetoric babble, verbal or electronic, has been reduced to an expression without any substance of credible meaning?

Does he grasp that his buffoonery is so much less than anywhere close to “great”?

Does he understand that the more he continues to use this superlative as an adjective or an adverb, he has cheapened the power of the word?

Does he understand that many of the people that he claims to represent, now shake, whether with mirth or in fear that he will only take the time to “grate” us with the non-sensical eruptions of his mouth, mind or fingers?

I suppose it is the understanding that his use of the word “great” is one method that he believes that he will garner the respect and “adoration” of whomever or whatever he is attempting to describe. The algorithms tracking and an amassing the hits of his popularity most definitely do show that his adoration of the unmatched “great” may just “grate” on the nerves of many who are listening.

Reading –

Something to think about before one takes the plunge.

What it’s like cooking with meal kit startup Chef’d”, TechCrunch.com, Megan Rose Dickey, Nov 12, 2017.

"In the last year, I’ve been to the grocery store no more than four times and I’ve cooked for myself about the same amount. What I’m about to say is probably not news for anyone who is comfortable in the kitchen and makes meals for themselves on the regular, but cooking is a lot of fun. And it’s quite a rewarding experience.

The box is easy enough to recycle. But the foam liner needs to be taken to a polyurethane recycling depot! I didn’t even know those existed. Chef’d says the foam liner is reusable, but in what normal context one would reuse it, I’m not sure."

Just think of all the Keurig cups sitting somewhere on some exposed type Alro Guthrie’s Alice’s Restaurant Massacree.

“So we took the half-a-ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW Microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, and headed On toward the city dump. Well, we got there and there was a big sign and a Chain across the dump sayin', "This dump is closed on Thanksgiving," and We'd never heard of a dump closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in Our eyes, we drove off into the sunset lookin' for another place to put the Garbage.”



New Quilt 25-KES update - 208 of 850 pieces, excluding the background, have been sewn/pieced together. We're in a shamble if we lose our design and coordinating pattern.


Answer to question(s) - Yes, each finished block will be 6-inch square.

This is my 1,553rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 184,764 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment