Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Day 292 – (AD 1,454) – 21.5 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning something happened, positively I think, to my Schwinn 170. Since Irma there has been something screwy regarding the cycle’s resistance setting. To get a good work-out I had to set the resistance at 25/25. (Yes, I did legitimately pedal each time for 1 hour.) The screw up must have happened when there were the power surges during and after the passing of the storm.

I had tried several re-boots. To no avail. I was looking at replacing the cycle’s control panel. I was tossing between that or getting myself a new fitness cycle. After this morning’s exercise I still have 7,226.0 miles to go.

Well this morning, partial way through my cycling, the resistance, I believe corrected itself. There was no way I could last another 40 minutes at the 25/25 resistance.

I reduced the resistance to 15/25 and finished a total of 21.5 miles. Now it looks like, fingers-crossed, that the computer components somehow fixed itself.

It must have happened when I received the bogus scam telephone call during my work-out. And today I really was soaked with sweat. Maybe I’m not the super viellard I thought I was.


My totals this morning are now recorded at 30,975.6 miles; 49,850.5 kilometers.

I have now completed 65.9% of the distance to my next set goal.

And oh yeah, the telephone call. (One would think that the idiots would learn.)

Land line rings.

Me: “Hello.”

Heavily accented male voice: “This is Senior Benefits.”

Me: “What company?

Caller: “Senior Benefits Insurance.”

Me: “What company?”

Caller: “Senior Benefits!”

Me: “Concerning?”

Caller: “Senior…”

Me, interrupting: “Concerning?”

Caller: “Mother-f#####!”

Click.

And of course, a postscript to my short span and idiot-call, yesterday I completed my registration for my Retiree Benefits…without a hitch.

Work continues piecing our newest quilt KES-25. Andy’s comment is that it is the “happiest set of colors” that he has work with in some time.

This is my 1,554th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 184,812 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment