Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 210 – (AD 640) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.6 Miles – I Can See Clearly Now on my Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Our day of winter is here early this year in Tampa. A record 57°F.

And the house is open and I am not sticking to the tile floor.

This morning I pedaled 21.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. I didn’t want to…but it has got to the point where if I don’t do it pangs of guilt seem to needle me the rest of the day. Oh I also did my 200 sit ups. Total miles on this 640th day, 13,135.5; 21,139.6 kilometers.


I am still located on the National Highway 1 in Western Australia. Today I cycled, virtually of course for those of you who have just started reading about my Trek, into the area of Roebuck.

Last night’s supper turned out okay, Japanese Beef Curry. I could not quickly find the suggested curry mix at Whole Foods. They seem to stock only the Indian and Thai types. I did find a recipe to create the curry roux from butter, flour, Garam Masala, curry powder, and beef broth. The result was not bad with stew beef, onions, garlic, ginger, beef broth, carrots, potatoes, apples, salt and pepper, and the curry roux. I added green beans and served it with Red Cargo Rice.

This Japanese Beef Curry was definitely milder than the other varieties of curry I've tasted. And my blood sugar count remained at 93 this morning.

I think I will try to find the Japanese, Golden Curry Sauce mix. There are a couple of grocery locations here in Tampa who may carry the product.

And I have come to the conclusion that some women of certain national origins are born ‘ard-of-‘earing. They obviously cannot hear themselves speaking.  Why do they have to carry on a conversation in the front of their houses at a high pitch level of decibels which carry on down the street. Almost like being a waiting room with an ignored “No Cell Phones” sign on the wall. Eh, what was that you said?

Jim’s Trek counted 51,796 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment