Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 217 – (AD 647) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Overcast and Crocheted Ramen Noodles on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This late morning I pedaled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Total miles to date – 13,287.6. 53.36% of my total goal has been completed.


I am currently at a point, (the “B” marker), on Derby Highway just about where it meets both the Great Northern Highway and Langley Crossing Road. It certainly was a bit overcast in February of 2008.


Last night’s supper was Japanese-Style Simmered Shrimp and Nagaimo Yam with Tomatoes with Stir-Fried Chrysanthemum and Mushroom Salad. But as I did not have any Nagaimo Yams in the house, I substituted Japanese White Sweet Potato. Definitely some new tastes…but that’s the way that I like to eat and experience food. Oh and by the way my blood sugar recorded this morning at 89. Must be doing something right.

I think at my age I can now freely accept when Neil deGrasse Tyson stated in the science documentary, Cosomos: A Spacetime Odyssey ―

One thing I love about science is that we do not have to pretend that we have all the answers.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

I like crocheting. I like food. I like Ramen Noodles. But…



Jim’s Trek counted 52,369 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment