Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 229 ½ – (AD 659 ½) – Jim's Trek Part III – 0.0 Miles – Alternate Exercise Today - I Went For A Walk

Good Day,

Today I decided not to cycle on my Schwinn 170. Instead I was invited to join a group of friends to go for a short hike at the Withlacoochee State Forest.

And yes I walked; we walked 8.9 miles today on the Blue and Orange trails at Tucker Hill.



And we didn’t get lost. I can trust people.

I haven’t done such a trek since the day that I completed my last and final requirement for my Queen’s Scout requirement at Camp Tamaracouta in Quebec some 50 years ago. Oh and I did get lost then. But I was found and I did actually complete the Trek and I did get my Queen’s Scout emblem which presented to me by the late Governor General of Canada Georges Vanier.


FYI, the Queen’s Scout Award in Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, and the British Commonwealth is equivalent to the Eagle Scout of the USA.

And my legs are a wee bit stiff this evening.

Jim’s Trek counted 53,342 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment