Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 225 – (AD 655) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Pedaling With Blinders on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. My total as of now – 13,462.8 miles; 21,666.3 kilometers.
 

Yes, still no little drag-on-man to check out a closer image of my location.  I am currently at the marker “B” on the Derby Gibb River Road. The closest satellite vantage view is from 100 feet up. And I am going to be cycling blind for some time now and to come.

Recently I was asked whether or not I could “be faking” my cycling on my Schwinn 170. My immediate response, “Yes, I could.” But all-in-all, my follow up retort was “Why bother?

I began my journey and Trek 688 days ago on December 2, 2012. I have cycled, the physical part, for 655 days…and I have written about my successes and my virtual journey for 688 days.

If I am bee-essing who am I hurting? Nobody. I know that I have lost the 12” on my waist. I know, and my doctors know, that I am no longer showing signs of being diabetic. I have been able to reduce the amount of medications prescribed. And I am enjoying myself. Yes, I could be faking.

And this morning my blood sugar was up 9 points. I know it was because I had a salt craving last night and I ate half a bag of corn tortilla chips and a bag of Goldfish.

As I have explained that for me something that helps with my concentration, or lack thereof, while I’m pedaling is to have something to watch rather than read. And I have found that I am much more entrenched in the story if there are no commercials.

Currently I am watching the Spanish series, Gran Hotel. Yes Spanish is one of the languages that I speak and understand but I am certainly glad that there are English subtitles. Gran Hotel is a whodunit drama that involves the murder(s) and escapades of the owners, the guests, and the servants. I still haven’t figured out who the original murderer is but it is a show in which there are a great number of bitchy characters.

I am well into the 2nd season and who should be introduced on the anniversary of the death of Don Carlos but another new and young female character from England, Lady Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller. Yup, that’s her. And I wonder how many more twists and turns the writers of Gran Hotel are going to invent and throw in.

The top of our new NT Celebration has been completed.  It now measures 101" by 113".


A change in design has begun to our Afghan #7.


Jim’s Trek counted 52,903 Pageviews. Funny how by alternating months there are peaks and valleys in the number of Pageviews. October must have been a boring month.  I guess I haven't included any political ads in my journal

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment