Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 92+40 – (AD 1,254) – 20.6 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedal a little bit extra on my Schwinn 170; same 1 hour, this time 20.6 miles. My totals are at: 26,730.0 miles; 43,017.8 kilometers. And I have now completed 13 ¾ % of my Part V mileage goal 13,300.0 miles.



On Mars, the virtual part of my journey I have now cycled 1,828.4 miles. I have completed 97.1% of my pedaling to my next destination and goal point. I believe that I have chosen the Ada Crater as my next destination and goal point. The Ada Crater is, per WolframAlpha, 390 miles from Crommelin Crater.

I’ve been getting many requests lately asking to become Facebook Friends. As soon as the request enters my sphere of reference I respond, politely of course, and I ask the question “Why did you request me to accept your FB Friend invitation?”

The first thing that I notice is the use of grammar as typed by the agent asking for the invitation. Incorrect grammar is not an appropriate way to ask one who attempts to try to be grammatically correct even in these days of “computerese” to be a social media friend, albeit an ethereal electronic associate.

Yes, I am a language snob. My subsequent response is to ask “What do you think that we have in common that you believe we should spend time getting to know each other?” This question usually throws the requester for a loop. (Hint: There is no right answer.) It is the way that the requester responds, with correct grammar, that leads me to my decision.

In most cases, I am certain that these obtuse and seemingly imperceptive requests are not worth my time. Yes, I am a snob, I am a PC social media snob. My main areas of interest, art, music, quilting, cooking, genealogy, exercise, and grandchildren. Period.

And I will just leave it at that.

Number 32, the last strip to be pieced for our new ES20 quilt is in progress.



Now begins the sewing of the strips together.

I have been searching the origins of my 3-times great-grandmother Mary Ann (née Doret) Smith. Check out my updates at A Genealogy Hunt at Part 898sd – Smith Doret - Searching For The Origins of GGG-Grandmother Marie Ann (née Doret) Smith - http://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,356th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 124,551 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment