Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, February 6, 2017

Day 123+40 – (AD 1,285) – 20.5 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning, (I had to drag myself to my cycle), I pedaled 20.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now are at 27,361.6 miles; 44,034.3 kilometers.



And continuing on to my next destination and goal point I have now completed 59.3% of the distance.

Last night I had a strange dream. At some point, and at somewhere, I think it was a corporate property or university campus, I was pulled over by a security guard. You know one of those sort of wannabe types. I was pulled over in my car, and he had the lights a'going and siren blaring from his slick white sort of recognizable vehicle, aka squad car.

I pull over. The security vehicle is right behind me. I wait in my car. A slim-Pickens uniformed dude gets out of security vehicle and saunters up to my driver's door. I press the auto window opener.

"Sir cain I see your driver's license and ID?"

"What did I do?" I asked.

"Please pass me your driver's license and ID, sir."

I comply. He returns to his wannabe squad car.

A couple of minutes later he returns.

"Meester Smeeth."

"Yes."

"Did you know that you did not come to a complete stop as required?"

“But I did stop. And there were no other cars nor any pedestrians.”

“You did not come to stop. I will be issuing a ticket”. I will be right back.”

The wannabe officer in the dull brown uniform saunters slowly back to his white supercar. Moments later, he returns to me.

“Meester Smeeth, did you know that you have several outstanding violations totaling $941.00? With this new ticket that will now be a total of $1,041.00.”

“Say what?”

“Sir, how would you handle this?”

“How the hell do I have that number of outstanding violations? And for what?”

“Meester Smeeth, did you know that it is now unlawful in this state of Florida to stop beyond the line at an intersection or at a stop sign?”

“Say what?”

“Sir, how would you like to handle this?”

“Definitely not with you. Give me the damn ticket. I will be seeing my lawyer.”

And then I woke up.

I’ll be damned if I am going to accept any violation summons for not stopping directly behind the line at an intersection of at a stop sign. And yes, I have checked the 2016 Florida Statutes Title XXIII 316.123.

Hell, I am not worried but I wonder if this dream, the play by play in my subconscious has something to do with the current process I am going through dealing with Medicare and the incorrect classification of my retirement status. And yes, in the mail, finally I received the next set of documents that I am required to complete… a continuation of the process that I began a month ago, on January 6th.

Last night I made a Pumpkin Raisin Cake frosted with Cream Cheese. Yes, it was delicious.



This is my 1,388th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 141,661 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment