Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, February 17, 2017

Day 131+40 – (AD 1,293) – 20.2 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 27,524.1 miles; 44,295.8 kilometers.

I reached my next destination and goal point at Mädler Crater. And of course, I continued on for another 15.9 miles.



I have now completed a total of 2,622.5 miles on Mars.



My next destination is the Marikh Vallis. This valley/vallis is about 320 miles SSE of Mädler Crater.



Soapbox –

“There are grammatical errors even in his silence.” 

Stanisław Jerzy Lec, Unkempt Thoughts.

“When one intends to move or when one intends to speak, one should first examine one’s own mind and then act appropriately with composure. When one sees one’s mind to be attached or repulsed, then one should neither act nor speak, but remain still like a piece of wood. When my mind is haughty, sarcastic, full of conceit and arrogance, ridiculing, evasive and deceitful, when it is inclined to boast, or when it is contemptuous of others, abusive, and irritable, then I should remain still like a piece of wood. When my mind is averse to the interests of others and seeks my own self-interest, or when it wishes to speak out of a desire for an audience, then I will remain still like a piece of wood. When it is impatient, indolent, timid, impudent, garrulous, or biased in my own favor, then I will remain still like a piece of wood.” 

Santideva, A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life, V. Wallace and B. Wallace, trans. (1997), § 5.47






This is my 1,396th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 145,539 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment