Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Day 120+40 – (AD 1,282) – 20.5 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

To date, since I began Jim’s Trek on December 2, 2012, this past month of January 2017 has had the most number of Pageviews, 11,703. A new record, a record that just keeps climbing.



This late morning I cycled 20.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals: 27,300.4 miles; 43,935.8 kilometers.



And I am getting closer to my next destination and goal point, Mädler Crater. I now have 57.7% of the distance to go.

Soapbox –

Education of youth is the backbone of one's country. I do NOT support Betsy DeVos as a candidate for Education. I do believe that even though she may have positive attributes as a person, she is NOT qualified as a nominated candidate to head the United States Department of Education.

Per one article at MBCTimes "20 Best Education Systems In The World" the order is as follows:

1. Finland, 2. South Korea, 3. Hong Kong, 4. Japan, 5. Singapore, 6. UK, 7. Netherlands, 8. New Zealand, 9. Switzerland, 10. Canada, 11. Ireland, 12. Denmark, 13. Australia, 14. Poland, 15. Germany, 16. Belgium, 17. USA, 18. Hungary, 19. Slovakia, 20. Russia

I am not arguing the statistical ordering of each country. This article points out the location of our country in that list. The current US standings in education in the world necessitates an expert who is knowledgeable and well-educated in the field of universal education. Her appointment should not be based on her philanthropy and advocacy of school choice, voucher programs, and private schooling.

The appointment of a new Secretary of Education should be contingent on the evaluation and results that our country, our children, all our children are provided with the best and a first-class education. The results of that educational process should result in a correct and lasting climb upward in the current world standings.

And I guess with the form of government now in place in Washington, an exponential number of possible charlatans seem to be increasing and appearing, especially with ads of bogus miracles and the such. (We need them now.)

One such ad I happened to catch on TV the other night was Peter Popoff’s Miracle Spring Water.

“The minister states that this water reduces debts or provides healing benefits for those who imbibe the water. To receive the water, one must fill out a prayer request form on Peter Popoff’s official ministry page or call the toll-free number. The requester receives both a packet of the Miracle Spring Water accompanied by the miracle tool, which is a cross made of wood…”

What a bunch of crock!!!

Peter Popoff declared bankruptcy in 1987 per the Los Angeles Times Archives.

In 2011 and according to Business Insider (Christopher Maag) “Scam Everlasting: After 25 Years, Debunked Faith Healer Still Preaching Debt Relief Scam

“Debt cancellation is part of God’s plan,” Popoff says in the video posted to his website, as a little dog sleeps in his lap. “That’s why God sent me to you. How would you ever know about miraculous debt cancellation, erasure of your debts if someone didn’t tell you about it?”

Bloody hell, this sounds familiar.

Tried them again last night, Connecticut Steamed Cheeseburgers.



I think I am converted.

This is my 1,385th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 139,983 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment