Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Day 119+40 – (AD 1,281) – 21.3 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals are now 27,279.9 miles; 43,902.8 kilometers.



I have completed 2,378.3 miles on Part V which translates to 17.88% of the total intended mile I will complete on Mars. Also, I have now pedaled 36.6% of the distance between Ada and Mädler Craters.


Cardiologist exam yesterday morning went well. EKG showed normal and my blood pressure recorded at 118/75. My doctor was quite pleased. But due to a chest incident that happened last week, he has scheduled me for a Nuclear EKG stress test next week. He said that even though I am very healthy, he just wanted to make sure.

Soapbox –

Is it my imagination or are there scores of far-right fanatics who are somewhat, and I use the adverb liberally, illiterate? Do they truly believe that there is some credence to the lack of a correct usage of the English language? I glance over retorts and recommendations by those who are truly inept at using a computer keyboard to convey their thoughts and, albeit too quick, responses. It is almost, metaphorically speaking of course, akin to hearing the scraping of nails down a blackboard.

Memorial to Dag Hammarskjöld
JS AB 2017

Check out the new posting at Quilts SB – Q147 – Memorial to Dag Hammarskjöld. This is Andy’s and my 147th quilt. And more updates to Quilts SB to come.

And my 2nd attempt at homemade pasta. This time dinner was Pasta alla Carbonara. I made the “linguini” and then sort of followed Tyler Florence’s recipe Spaghetti alla Carbonara. My FSB did drop 20 points.



This is my 1,384th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 139,456 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment