Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day 110+40 – (AD 1,272) – 20.2 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals: 27,096.1 miles; 43,607.0 kilometers.


And I am now 89.4% closer to my next destination and goal point, Ada Crater, on the surface of Mars. Looks like I am going to have to decide on a new destination. Total miles on Mars – 2,194.5 miles.

Homemade Linguini, a first for me after two attempts, with Almond Basil Pesto turned out better than I expected. Thanks to all for the suggestions on the ingredients.

But the best news is that my early morning blood sugar dropped 16 points to 105 mg/dL. My A1c calculated out at 5.76% which is in the pre-diabetes range of 5.7 and 6.4 percent. I suppose if I am already diabetic I should be able to deduce that 0.6% is workable and something to reduce. Looks like I’ll be trying several pasta recipe trials.


And yes, I have the link for the Almond Basil Pesto recipe - http://www.thewholesomedish.com/basil-pesto-with-almonds/.

Supper tonight is once again something I have never cooked or even attempted before. Tonight’s recipe is Dakdoritang. It is supposed to be a Korean recipe, a spicy chicken stew. Check in tomorrow to see how this one may affect my blood sugar.

Reading – The New York Times (Christopher Mele, Jan 14, 2017) “Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus to End Its 146-Year Run”.

“Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus announced on Saturday night that after 146 years of performances, it was folding its big tent forever.”

Soapbox –


It has become sort of an “Apprentice-less” inauguration set for January 20th. The Telegraph has reported, “What is the line-up for Donald Trump’s inauguration – and which celebrities have said they won’t perform?” (Helena Horton, January 13, 2017).



I suppose the line-up of would-be reality stars may just decide to fill the empty seats.

This is one of Andy's and my new quilts - "Memorial to Dag Hammarskjöld". Our work is also a tribute to Dame Jocelyn Barbara Hepworth and her sculpting prowess. The intent of our quilt is a reproduction of her 21-foot sculpture as it stands in the Plaza of the United Nations Building.

Memorial to Dag Hammarskjöld
JS AB 2017
It is a composite and an experiment of our strip-piecing and appliqué work. It is our attempt to present an appeared combination of glass, fabric, and bronze. I will be writing our details shortly at our Quilts SB site - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,374th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 132,328 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment