Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 111+40 – (AD 1,273) – 20.2 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled another 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals are now clocked in at 27,116.3 miles; 43,639.5 kilometers. And I have now completed 71.0% of my overall goal of 38,201.6 miles.

Friends have asked me why the 38,201.6 miles? Simple, it is the total of the two circumferences of the Earth and of Mars. The Earth – 24,901.6 miles; Mars – 13,300.0 miles. And as I keep getting closer, and closer to the overall total I will then decide upon another distance to add.


Meanwhile, back on Mars, I have completed 94.6% of the distance to my next destination and goal point, Ada Crater.

Soapbox –

Four (4) days until the next four (4) years of a political cataclysmic confusion for this country.

I’m not a betting man, but I wonder if there has been a tontine lottery set on the expectations of which person and/or representative will last the longest.


I would hope that the American electorate will get its act together and spend the time in all the backrooms from coast to coast, that is if we are able to last that long from sea to shining sea, examining and creating, vetting and nominating men and women who would and can be the next generation of positive United States of America citizens worthy to lead this country into the 2020s.

The next four (4) years is going to be one hell of a derailed roller-coaster ride.



Supper last night was Dakdoritang. It was an excellent supper stew. It was an easy Korean recipe, a spicy chicken stew. My FBS increased to 112 mg/dL… but I would say that the reason for the increase of 7 points was probably the snack I had of pretzels.

This is one of Andy's and my new quilts. Our work is a Tribute to Sonia Delaunay, a fabric artist, and fashion designer.

Tribute to Sonia Delaunay
JS AB 2017



It is an abstract fabric mosaic of my mash-up of her work (lower image) and an experiment in the use of color.

I will be writing our details shortly at our Quilts SB site - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/.

This is my 1,375th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 132,843 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment