Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Day 113+40 – (AD 1,274) – No Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – Not On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


I’ve had a sort of severe touch of the flu this past couple of days. I do not have the strength to get on my Schwinn 170 to try and sweat it out. Here’s hoping I will be able to get on tomorrow. I am NOT giving up. I still have 11,045.1 more miles to go.

You would not believe Alexa. I've got several music books and was going through one on Blues on my piano. A lot of the tunes are either before my time or truly did not enter my sphere of reference. I ask Alexa to play a specific song by a specific artist. She does and then I can play it with some semblance of similarity.

And now you can ask Alexa NASA Mars for a Curiosity Rover update. It’s sort of like having my own immovable R2D2 or 3CP0.

Soapbox –


From the inception and duration of The Apprentice and continuing through the tumultuous campaign up and until the day after DJT's inauguration I have continually said that there is something wrong with this person.

Apart from the narcissistic and egocentric displays and tendencies, and the explosive demeanor I continue, (I do bloody well hope that I am wrong), to believe that this one's presidency will be focused on retaliation whether it is a country or a desk clerk or crowd size who 45 construes that he believes has rallied against and demeaned him.

And you know something, I cannot wait until my 69th birthday.

Yesterday, White House, Breaking News, 5:40 pm, 45's Press Spokesperson begins by lambasting Press coverage of Inauguration at The Mall regarding numbers and pictures of crowd attendance. Did not stay to answer questions. He skedaddled as quickly as possible after threatening and admonishing. And oh yeah, as an addendum he mentioned a call to Prime Minister Trudeau and a soon visit by Prime Minister May. Display of immature drawing a line in the sand.

Reading - The New York Times, “Why I Cannot Fall in Line Behind Trump”, Peter Wehner, Jan. 21, 2017.

“Donald Trump is a transgressive personality. He thrives on creating disorder, in violating rules, in provoking outrage. He is a shock jock. This might be a tolerable (if culturally coarsening) trait in a reality television star; it is a dangerous one in a commander in chief. He is unlikely to be contained by norms and customs, or even by laws and the Constitution. For Mr. Trump, nothing is sacred. The truth is malleable, instrumental, subjective. It is all about him. It is always about him.” 

The following is a reasonable chart, from Imgur, to sift out what may or may not be construed as “good” news.



This is my 1,377th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 135,363 Pageviews.



And again the number of Pageviews to my blog Jim’s Trek has increased. This small almost daily blog, as insignificant as it seems appears to be have been increasing the number of daily Pageviews, and only in the recent months. I am flabberghasted. Thanks.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment