Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Day 102+40 – (AD 1,264) – 21.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 21.0 miles. Totals in 1,264 days 26.933.4 miles; 43,345.2 kilometers.



And I have now completed 47.7% of the distance to Ada Crater my next destination and goal point on the surface of Mars. Today is the 102nd day that I have pedaling on the red planet.

Reading –

And now as the "supposed representatives" of the American people have decided that they would and should be considered as "above-the-law" and by no means accountable to their own electorate, it can only be seen that the inherent force of the self and our destruction is continuing to gather speed and momentum.

Politico.com – “House Republicans gut their own oversight” (Rachel Bade and John Bresnahan, Updated Jan 2, 2017)

And James 1:23-24...(Not me, of course, NKJB)

(23) For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; (24) for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.

And is there hope? ABCNews.go.com just reported that “Trump Objects After House GOP Votes to Gut Ethics Office.” (Donna Cassata, AP, Jan 3, 2017)

“"With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it may be, their number one act and priority," Trump asked over Twitter the morning after the surprise and secretive move by the House GOP.”

No-Knead Bread out of the oven right now. Today’s fare – White Hemp Olive-Oil Bread.



This is my 1,366th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 128,731 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment