Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Day 118+40 – (AD 1,280) – 20.5 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Pageviews of Jim’s Trek have gone wild. With 3 days remaining in January, the number of Pageviews has crossed the 10,000-mark. As of this morning 10,674 Pageviews, the largest number ever.


This morning I pedaled 20.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now are at 27,258.6 miles, 43,868.5 kilometers. I have also completed 2,357.0 miles of Part V. Only 10,943.0 more miles to go.



I have currently completed 30.7 % of the distance to my next destination and goal point on Mars.

And I was not sure about doppelgängers. But this morning I think one was found; of me that is. His name is Murray Head. Check him out at about 31 seconds into the video. He sang a few the 1971 promo songs for Jesus Christ Super Star.



When I saw this video, I truly thought that I was looking at a mirror. But I do have to point out that I am 5 years younger than Murray Head.

And yes that is me, 2nd from the left in about 1972/73 singing a role in the stage musical Show Me, Jesus.

I’ve just read an article by Eric Black at MinnPost dated June 30, 2015 – “How much nepotism is there in U.S. politics?

“Anyway, the topic is the power of family dynasty in U.S. politics. It’s embarrassingly big, this tendency to elect people from the same families, and awkward in a country that prides itself on the idea that any (native born) American can grow up to be president.”

And of course, our current President is not necessarily “guilty” of nepotism. But could we see a sort of neo-nepotism in a current manner that he has presented himself and the awareness of his “inner-circle”, his family?

I am thinking forward to the next 4 years and the current insinuation and blatant acts and lack thereof, of the words and ideas that continue to surround the current Oval Office. His business concerns, the lack of forthcoming, the qualification of the restrictions, the residencies, is this not a new construction of the insular family swerve? Could this mean that the American populace will be holding on to possible thoughts that this could be a new dynasty?

In Seth Stephens-Davidowitz New Times’ review of March 21, 2015 – “Just How Nepotistic Are We?"
“The presidency is obviously a small sample. But the same calculations can be done for other political positions. Take governors.
Because it is difficult to be sure that you have counted all the sons of governors, let’s assume that governors reproduce at average rates. This would mean there were about 250 baby boomer males born to governors. Five of them became governors themselves, about one in 50. This is 6,000 times the rate of the average American. The same methodology suggests that sons of senators had an 8,500 times higher chance of becoming a senator than an average American male boomer.”

I am not certain that I will be around to see the development of any new political dynasties, but I am certain that the golden brocade drapes and paraphernalia currently introduced along with the five-letter signs on buildings may signify a current acceptance of an absolute monarchy.

This is my 1,383rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 138,755 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment