Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, January 27, 2017

Day 117+40 – (AD 1,279) – 20.3 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 20.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. Jim’s Trek breakdown is as follows:

Trek Distance Part I – 4,257.1 miles
Trek Distance Part II – 4,360.0 miles
Trek Distance Part III – 10,362.4 miles
Trek Distance Part IV – 5,922.1 miles
Trek Distance Part V – 2,336.5 miles; 10,963.5 miles to go.

Total Miles to date – 27,238.1 miles; 43,835.6 kilometers.



I have now completed 25% of the distance to my next goal point and destination on Mars.

Soapbox –

All-things-being-equal and the current state of our government I would tender a guess that there will be an increase in appointments and lines to see personal psychologists and psychiatrists.

With the bantering of "fake" versus "real" news, the expediency of social media to run with the hint of a storyline, for example, from USA Today "Trump mulls 20% border tax on Mexico; aides later call it just an option" the general American populace, exponentially, are sludging through an ever-growing mire of "what the hell is going on?".

And it is unbelievable that in less than 1, that is ONE week, the levels of mistrust in our Executive Branch of our government is snowballing.

As everyone else appears to be creating and retracting stories, I felt that I should have the leeway to create my own verb – “to sludge”.

Yesterday I had an encounter with an individual who wanted to get into an argument with me. This person’s train of thought and choice of argument was what he considered that the only reason President Barrack Obama received his education scholarship. He repeated that “Obama got a scholarship because of his immigrant status.” He was adamant.


My quick retort “Why are you bothering me? And since when are Americans from the State of Hawaii considered immigrants?" Maybe prior to 1900, and I suppose one can consider the verb immigrate to “leave own’s own country, to settle in another.” But I must be missing something if I thought one could substitute the word “country” by the word “state”. Surely, I was a wee bit confused.

Per West Hawaii Today (December 22, 2016) “Hawaii sees increase in people leaving for mainland in 2016”.

Punto. Some people are just performing beyond the level of grey matter allotted.

In whom do we trust?

This is my 1,382nd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 137,853 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment