Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Day 108+40 – (AD 1,270) – 20.7 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 20.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals are now at 27,055.6 miles; 43,541.9 kilometers since I began this journey on December 2nd, 2012.



And this morning I have completed 2,154.0 miles on the surface of Mars. (That’s the virtual part, Part V, of my Trek and journey.) I am now within 21.0% of the distance to my next destination and goal point, Ada Crater.

Last night for supper - Ginger Pork Meatballs with Bean Sprouts.  And of course. I tweaked the recipe just a bit, especially as I added Cubed Carrots.  FBS stable.



Soapbox –

I am going to have to try to keep quiet, as best as I can, for the next four years.

I became an American because I chose to do so. It was my choice after having been born a Brit on the island of Jamaica. It was my choice after I had been a Canadian citizen for several years. Please bear with me, and do not get me wrong, I was privileged to be British and I was privileged to be a Canadian.

I do believe, and this is my personal credo, and that as I moved to Florida some 36 years ago, and as I am obligated to pay taxes where I live, I consider it an honor for me to accept the country where I live and have the privilege to vote as a legalized citizen.

I am not one to understand the idiosyncrasies of politics, or should I say that I choose not to understand the intricacies of wanting to be a politician. But I can say that over the course of my 65 years, on the face of this planet and in the 7 countries where I have lived, there have been several good, some not-so-good, and some bloody bad politicians. The current political atmosphere in this country appears now to no longer be a credible institution. It appears, to me, to have become nothing more than a reality TV and a flim-flam carnival side show.

And I will always remember the day when the family was moving from Nassau in The Bahamas to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The family was driving.

My father had had our car shipped from Nassau to The Bahamas. And on a day just before we crossed the US-Canadian border, we stopped, I believe it was a Dairy Queen, in Plattsburgh, New York.

A woman walked a couple of times around our car in the parking lot”, examined our car’s license plate, and then finally asked, “How did you drive your car over the water from The Bahamas?” And, I believe my brother, without missing a beat, blurted out “Very easy, we just filled the tires with air and floated over.

Her reply, “Oh.” And then she trotted off on her merry way.

This is my 1,372nd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 130,949 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment