Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, February 27, 2017

Day 137+40 – (AD 1,299) – 20.6 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Beep. Beep. Beep. Every 2 minutes. Beep. Beep. Beep. 30 beeps. The only other sound, as I pedaled my Schwinn 170 this morning is the crunching and the dropping of ice-cubes from the ice-maker in the refrigerator.

I decided to pedal without any external noise and/or video playing. I am aware of my breathing. I am aware that I am pedaling at a 15/25 resistance. I note that I am cycling, (I bloody well hell better be cycling), for the 60 minutes.


I closed my eyes. I count my breaths. My legs are pounding. And beyond the effects of the darkness I see a hermit crab moving slowly, his house on his back, on the bottom of a white sandy depth of water. Hermit crab? Aqua clear water, who knows where my mind is going.

And my breathing is becoming stronger in the silence. My eyes still closed. Two frogs have jumped in front of me. I drink some water.


Why? Hell, I don’t know. Hermit crab and frogs. Clear water. Ice cubes dropping. I don’t read or interpret these things.


This morning I pedaled 20.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals are now at 27,645.2 miles; 44,490.7 kilometers.



I have also completed 40.5% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

With the news regarding the closure of Macys and JC Penneys, not that I have even graced their door steps in the past couple of decades, it is imperative that one does just as much comparative shopping online.

It is time to replace a certain product at my home. The product at Amazon was listed, initially for $199.99. At the Bed Bath and Beyond (BB&B) site the identical was listed for $219.99. (The product was only available online. The same product was not available at any of the local BB&B brick ‘n mortars close to the house.)

Decided to purchase via Amazon. But as we started to process the online Amazon order the product had now increased in price to $229.99.

Out of curiosity, decided to find out if we could use the famous 20% off BB&B coupon online. We could per the BB&B Chat representative if we had received an email discount coupon at one of our email addresses. The BB&B Chat rep checked and we had.

So now we decided to purchase the item from BB&B for the $219.99 less 20%. And to further the transaction we used an Amazon credit card we discounted the purchase with another 5% cash back. A savings of $63.55. And in both cases shipping was free. So, it does now pay to shop around online. I wonder what term will be coined for electronic price comparison shopping. Final cost $156.44. And yes, I know there was tax, but that would have been added no matter from which online facility I would have purchased the product.

This is my 1,402nd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 149,793 Pageviews. February’s total Pageviews have already topped the 10,000 mark. That’s two months running.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment