Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Day 325 – (AD 1,487) – 22.8 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yesterday morning I cycled 22.8 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now 31,679.7 miles; 50,983.6 kilometers.


I have now covered 58.96% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.


Reading –

This stands on the bookshelf right next to "52 Ways of Funeral Casseroles"






Jim’s Gotta Eat –

What are they? Internet says poisonous.

It is the raw, unripe fruit and the seeds that are poisonous. They have to open on the tree. For years the FDA would not allow Jamaica to export cans to the US because they could not trust their vetting process. Today it is only a certain few companies from Jamaica that import them to the US. The part you eat are the yellow fingers.

Jamaica's national dish is Ackee and Saltfish. It is a dish to die for and I have been eating it and making it as long as I can remember. I used to get the cans on the "black market". It is a my most favorite dish and meal.

If a hurricane hits the island of Jamaica you can always guarantee the price of Ackees to go up in price. The fruit are "shaken" off the trees and the closed red pods are not supposed to be used for the harvest. The was one of the prime issues that the US FDA took a very long time to finally approve the correct processing and only be a certain few companies.

The Ackee itself, the yellow fingers, look sort of like scrambled eggs, and have a very subtle and mild flavor.

The national dish, Ackee and Saltfish, includes Salt Cod, which is rinsed to remove a lot of the salt, Tomatoes, Onions, Green Pepper, Bacon, Scotch Bonnets, Thyme, Salt and Pepper, and of course the Ackee. The dish is "divine", and I could eat it almost every day of the year.

But I certainly thought twice of buying a can with a photocopied black and white label which were included on the shelf at Sanwa.

Here is a link that I found which explains the making of Ackee and Cod Fish -


Tonight’s supper Ackee and Cod Fish with Jamaican peas and Rice.

Quilting –

Check out "OUR SHOW 2017", featuring 8 Fabric Artists and 50+ works of art at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater Octagon Arts Center, 2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Dec. 8, 2017 - Jan. 10, 2018.


Times: Tues - Fri - 9 am - 12 Noon; Sun - 10 - 10:30 am & 12 Noon - 1 pm.

Cranes Quilt Update –

We can now see the flocking differences of our 3", 4", 5", and 6" Cranes.


We're now Andy and I are working on the new design to make sure that we have enough Cranes.

This is my 1,581st post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 187,103 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment