Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Day 344 – (AD 1,506) – 23.5 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.5 miles. Totals are now at 32,123.9 miles; 51,698.5 kilometers.

I have also completed 59.83% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.


Reading –

From Quartz at Work, “Why even mundane tasks can help build your creative genius”, by Erin Joan Lamberty, Jan. 30, 2018. 

“The problem is that many of us share common misconceptions of what creativity is and how it manifests. However, when we start to explore the different levels of creativity we’re able to gain a better understanding.”

Quilting –

Our newest and latest Cranes Quilt update -

We've begun work on the background. As you can see our newly completed "Yes, A Flock of Cranes" is trying to sneak through the horizontal strips of the background of the new Cranes Quilt.

We're trying something completely new. It is a variation on strip-piecing and appliqué. Working together, Andy is sort of appliquéing on top of my drawing, which is composed on horizontal strips of various widths.





This one should prove very, very interesting.

Jim’s Gotta Eat –

I’ve been experimenting with my food and meals.

Two nights ago, it was Pan-Grilled Snapper with Orzo Pasta Salad.


This one is a definite re-make.

Last night it was Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin, Colombian Rice with Pigeon Peas and Coconut and Roasted Cauliflower.


I made a few adjustments. I also sous vide the Pork at 148˚F for 2 hours. It was excellent.

Today’s bread is Sourdough with Artichoke, Yellow and Red Peppers, and Mozzarella Cheese.


My focus has been the Olive Bars at Sprouts and various grocery stores to add to my sourdough to see what may happen.

This is my 1,594th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 188,670 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment