Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 22, 2018

Days 337 & 338 – (AD 1,500) – 23.0 + 23.5 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today is the 1,500th day that I have been pedaling using my Schwinn Fitness cycles.


On Saturday morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.0 miles. This morning I cycled another 23.5. Totals are now standing at 31,984.7 miles; 51,474.5 kilometers.


And I have completed 96.16% of the 820 miles to my next destination and goal point.

Reading –

From BBC Culture – “Can listening to classical music improve your life?”, Clemency Burton-Hill, 17 Jan. 2018.

“We are a music-making species — always have been, always will be. We are also a music-exchanging species: long before lovesick teenagers started curating mixtapes for each other, or digital streaming services enabled us to swap favourite tracks, we were communicating and connecting through music. We evolved as humans by coming together around the fire after a long day’s hunter-gathering, singing songs and telling stories through song. That’s what our ancestors did; that’s how they made sense of the world; that’s how they learned how to be.”

Our Cranes Quilt update –

Top quilting completed. Choice of 3 patterns to decide on the border quilting. (I believe we’ve decided.)


This image is from the back.

Question –

What actually denotes a “modern quilt”?

Soapbox –

A very interesting article penned by Colin McRoberts on January 29, 2017 for the site Vasher McRoberts LLC.

Is Donald Trump Really a Great Negotiator?

“First let's be clear that we don’t have enough information to say for sure that Trump is a bad negotiator. The only way to fully, fairly assess his skills would be to carefully observe his negotiations, and virtually no one has been able to do that. We can't assume anything from his wealth or business successes; good negotiation skills are crucial in business, but like many business owners Trump relies on professionals to negotiate for him…”


Interesting to see the number of current posting from all sides of the spectrum today just about a year later.

I wonder?

Check out the January 19th Editorial from The Toronto Star.



And today, as the weather outside in Tampa warms up, it is amazing to see the beauty of some plants against the drab and somber vision of the plants burnt by the past freeze of our 2nd winter.


This is my 1,590th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 188,150 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment