Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Days 326 & 327 – (AD 1,489) – 46.7 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

On January 3rd I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.0 miles. This morning I cycled 23.7 miles. Totals are now 31,726.4 miles; 51,058.8 kilometers.


And I have completed 64.66% of the 820 miles to my next destination and goal point.

Reading –


I didn’t realize that cashiers were delegated as their own species.

Supermarket cashiers added to threatened species list”, The Takeout, Kate Bernot, Jan. 2, 2018.

“As shoppers have switched to grocery delivery, online ordering, and self-checkout stations, the once-numerous cashier species now finds itself dwindling in number. Researchers warn that if such trends aren’t contained, cashiers could be upgraded to endangered status before the end of the decade.”

Quilting –

Check out "OUR SHOW 2017", featuring 8 Fabric Artists and 50+ works of art at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater Octagon Arts Center, 2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Dec. 8, 2017 - Jan. 10, 2018.


Times: Tues - Fri - 9 am - 12 Noon; Sun - 10 - 10:30 am & 12 Noon - 1 pm.

Cranes Update -

Our latest Crane quilt is in process. This image is a preliminary draft of our design to create a movement of the static Cranes. We're using all 4 sizes of our Cranes' design. We're working out the elements of the background while incorporating the techniques of modern, strip-piecing, and crazy quilting.

Our discussions have been to the effect -

"Can we do this?"

"Do you mean this way?"

"But!"

"No, bloody way!"

"But that's not what you said."

"That's what I meant."

"Are we now both in agreement?"

We're both excited that we are trying something new and different, once again.

We're incorporating each completed Crane block into our strip-pieced background. This is something we've never tried before. It is not appliqué work.

Each individual block is pieced. (The fabric pieces are cut using our #AccuQuilt Crane block die design. Based on our overall quilt design, an individual block is then pieced into the strip-pieced background.


The Cranes on the left are already pieced into the background. The Cranes on the right, that can be seen through the background fabric, will be sewn in, albeit pieced into the back-ground strips.

This is my 1,582nd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 187,332 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment