Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 385 – (AD 815) – 22.1 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals – 16,961.0 miles; 27,296.1 kilometers.

And I have to find a way to get rid of my gut. Any ideas, without a scalpel?


My journey location is still somewhere in Highbury, Queensland on the Burke Development Road. I crossed over the Lynd River which appears to be a tributary of the Mitchel River. 225 more miles to go to get to my next trek destination and goal point.

And I drank a glass of orange juice just before I stabbed myself to take my early morning blood sugar count. Hell, what was I, or should I say not thinking? My blood sugar count registered at 133 mg/dL. And since I’m not you I haven't a clue how much the 8-oz of juice affected my count. Guess I will have to note the result – This fool forgot how to take his blood sugar count this morning! And yes I live in Florida.

Today, my Morning Pages, I have now written a total of 500,375 words in 647 days. Each morning I write, with acknowledgement to Julia Cameron’s The Artist Way, 750 words.

It just is sort of a brain dump. It sometime is a to do list; sometimes a tada list. But today I surpassed the ½ million mark. Hey, it’s not a book. Just a couple of minutes each morning. And of course I do not use longhand as she suggests, I use 750Words.com.


Thanks TQ for suggesting the site to me. I am definitely more at ease these days using an electronic journal…and I save trees.

A very good article from The Washington Post by Alexandra Robbins – “Nurses make fun of their dying patients. That’s okay.

The first time I over-heard the phrase "circling-the-drain" was on the day when I was admitted to an ER with acute appendicitis. The nursing staff was ever so to kind but all of a sudden they had to leave me because the patient in the next room was "circling-the-drain".

I was a bit taken aback by the use of phrase. I just over-heard it, even though I was in what I considered "drastic and life-ending pain", I understood the colloquial use of "inner-sanctum" language. 

This article brings back a number of memories, but one I will never forget while I lay on the ER bed, racked in what I believed to be the most excruciating of pain. I laughed at the nurse's choice of words...in a morbid sort-of way. Thank you all doctors and nurses who just take time to make me enjoy life. And for me avoiding the great plumber in the sky.


I update Quilts SB last night and included the construction and progress of our 128th quilt – Crystal. Check it out at http://quiltssb.com or at http://quiltsb.blogspot.com .

This is my 870th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 66,723 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment