Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day 374 – (AD 804) – 22.2 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Only Satellite View On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. This takes my total mileage up to 16,717.2; 26,903.8 kilometers.

Today I decided to veer northward on to Burke Developmental Road. I have just passed through the small town of Normanton, population 1,100. 

Normanton-queensland-australia-gulf-savannah-gulf-of-carpetnaria"
by www.gondwananet.com - Own work.
 

I am on Highway 83 and located at the Norman River. And of course, the little Google drag-on-map-man stops at the edge of town.


I believe that it will be a while before the little Google drag-on-map-man will be doing his job again. It looks like I will have to be satisfied with borrowed images and a satellite view for some time. (I’ve got used to this now on my Trek in Australia.)

Bella does expect breakfast when she wakes up first thing in the morning.

Can’t take my eyes off you.



Supper – Recipe: Collard Greens with Andouille Sausage, Black and Northern Beans, Spring Potatoes, Garlic, Onion and Paprika. Blood sugar down by 5 points.

Victory blindness is something we all succumb to at times. It's a term I use to describe the phenomenon in which we focus on the wins, so starved for validation that we allow them to blind us to the continued bigotry we face. We become enthralled, intoxicated -- spellbound by even a little bit. The effect is that it obscures our reality -- literally our vision -- and it makes us lose our gumption, not wanting to rock the boat, fearful that we'll lose what we've gained and not get what little bit we think we need, when in fact we need a lot and we should be strong and confident knowing our allies will stay with us.
Michelangelo Signorile’s interviewed by Noah Michelson, Huffpost, April 7, 2015



Our Chopsticks quilt has been accepted for judging and display at HMQS - Home Machine Quilting Show - May 7-9 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Our Crystal quilt is on its way to its new home in Pennsylvania. Updates soon to follow at Quilts SB - http://quiltssb.com.

This is my 856th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 65,727 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment