Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day 392 – (AD 822) – 22.1 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – A Road On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 22.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now: 17,117.4 miles; 27,547.9 kilometers. That's the real part.

And this morning it looks like I finally am able to cycle on a paved road, virtually of course. I am still in Queensland and I am headed north on Mulligan Highway. I’ve got 70 more miles to go get to my next destination and goal point on this crazy journey.


My blood sugar was down again this morning by 15 points. It registered 94 mg/dL. It is smack dab right in the normal range…

And here’s the rub; watching my diet, this consistent pedaling, and NO diabetes medication for almost 2 years. If I were to have gone to any doctor in the past 3-to-4 months, and without his/her knowledge of my medical history, I would be diagnosed as ‘not diabetic’.

Yes it is known that I have been trying to discover my genealogy and ancestry via a search of documents and through current Y-DNA and mtDNA methodologies. Here are my issues –

I have the most common surname in the English language. According to Sofeminine.co.uk the number 1 and most common surname in the United Kingdom is, guess what? Smith of course. Well that’s my paternal line. Oh and on my maternal line, Robertson is the 72nd out 8,460 most common.

And then my Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b “is the dominant paternal lineage of Western Europe…and in parts of sub-Saharan Central Africa”. While my mtDna Haplogroup H1 “is by far the most common subclade in Europe…”

What can I say? I can narrow my roots down to an area, Western Europe, and it means that we may all be connected in one way or another. And I keep looking. Still pending – Smith Test CTS699.

And now I have to figure how to get Vital Records from Wisconsin.

I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look what’s telling me that.

This is my 878th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 67,255 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment