Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 376 – (AD 806) – 22.3 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Still More Dirt On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I topped myself. I cycled 22.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals 16,761.7 miles; 26,975.4 kilometers.

I am still on dirt road in Queensland, Australia. The image does not seem to be changing much. Given that the Google image is from 7 years ago I most definitely would like to find out if the Burke Developmental Road ever was paved.


Just wondering why I as an individual get a bit perturbed when the kid next to me is always winning the race? Why is s/he always getting the blue ribbon? When is it going to be my turn to take home the golden chalice? Why is it that I feel that if I don't win I will be forced back into the depth of mediocrity?

Hell I'm just asking the questions this morning. I know the answer...I think I know the answer.

It is because I may be running in too many races?.. It may be that I may have too many fingers in too many pots. The best experiment would be reduce the number of areas/things that I do and find myself in the upper tier of the results, and just concentrate on one thing, one item, one skill.

And then again probably not. How boring life would be? Can I be satisfied with being a contender? A contender across a number of platforms, or do I restrict myself to only one skill?

Did I tell you that yesterday I received an extremely complimentary email? It was a letter congratulating me on my work and my aptitude. The unsolicited writer extolled the merits about my writing on my Blog. It was a great letter/email. But I did not know what the hell or which of my Blogs they were talking about. I mean, I understood that the message was directed at me and for me, but I was completely at a loss as to the/my subject matter. I had to write and ask the author which, if any, of my five blogs they were talking about.

Well I did find out which of my blogs the letter referenced, A Genealogy Hunt. Such nice words and thoughts. And then, subsequently I received another email commending my Trek and goals, as presented on my Jim's Trek blog.

And all I can say is thank-you. I am very content to be a contender.

Wondering if the llama who won all these ribbons ever entered into the trophy room?


This is my 859th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 65,882 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment