Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 394 – (AD 824) – 22.5 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Almost On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I chalked up another 22.miles on my Schwinn 170. My daily average number of miles has increased to 20.8. My totals as of this date are: 17,162.5 miles; 27,620.4 kilometers.


And I am still in the bush/woods/forest/jungle of Queensland. My virtual journey has me located on the Unnamed Road, if it really is a road/street/lane/path. I have 23.2 more miles to go to get to my next destination and goal point. I have never ever told anyone that I am looking forward for tarred and paved roads.

I have a weakness - Chicharones - Chicharrón.


Ever since I was a young boy I have had a penchant for Chicharrón. You know, fried pork rinds, the kind of stuff that comes in a snack bag or the hot type right out of the oven. Crispy fried or baked pork skin. Crispy and sort of like flavored, that is, pork-flavored crispy and crunchy styrofoam. For me a great snack is a bag of chicarones, spicy ones, and a bottle of real Coca-Cola.

Well I found a new type of bag of Chicharones at a store the other day. I quickly stuffed a bag, only one, into my cart, paid at the cash register and headed home. I salivated to try the new chicharones. This one was labeled "Hot Chili Pepper & Lime". A new 'gourmet' treasure.


I opened the bag. I immediately gobbled down a couple of the tasty morsels. I then began to examine the chicharones.  I was perplexed.  Since when are chicharones in any bag or dish almost all the same shape.  Each one appeared to be a similar sized rectangle.  There was a sort of distinct taste.

I examined the bag.  Made in Mexico. And ingredient list seemed to be missing pork.  I turned the bag over and there at the bottom left hand corner -


"Spicy Wheat Flour Snack".  These were fake, I mean false, I mean fake, substitute...Not the real thing.  These Chicharones were not Chicharrón.  Damn. 

Did I tell you that I like food?  I do NOT like fake chicharones.  No bloody way.  And the rest of the bag went right into the trash.  Bloody hell.  Fake Chicharrón.


Work progress well at the piecing of the strips of our new quilt Moon Over Bayshore. Follow our beginnings and our updates at Quilts SB.

This is my 880th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 67,389 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment