Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 389 – (AD 819) – 22.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Bike Paths On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I have now completed just over 80% of my Trek III goal…

And believe it or not I still have days when I truly do not want to get on my Schwinn 170. I can say that there is still that little voice inside me that keeps egging me on when I get to this point in my journey. It’s like having a voice saying “Damn it Smith, you only have about 19% of your goal to go. Get up off your ass and get on your bike. And pedal.”

And I got on my Schwinn 170 and I cycled another 22.0 miles. My totals are: 17,049.7 miles; 27,438.9 kilometers.


From the satellite map, from about 1000 feet up, I am still located on some bicycle path in Palmer, Queensland. I just crossed over Sandy Creek. And I just read the new Google Maps beta warning –

Use caution – may involve errors or sections not suited for bicycling”.

Questions – What happens if you are a real cyclist and you are using Google Maps to navigate your journey? Is the blue line truly a virtual bike path? I know the trouble that I have following and using the virtual application in my virtual trek. But what about the real cyclist adventurer? Is the real now only the fantasy/virtual journey?

No more cooking competitions. Finally Netflix must have heard my complaints. (Yeah right.)  This Sunday, April 26th, a new show starts “Chef’s Table”, a show without the gimmicks or the competition, a show supposedly about cooking.

Definitely going to check it out. (The New York Times, Neil Genzlinger),

And if you get a chance watch "Jiro Dreams of Sushi", same Directors.

Our latest project, Moon Over Bayshore. 9 of 38 strips pieced. Follow updates at Quilts SB. (http://quiltssb.com)

This is my 875th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 67,035 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment