Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Day 273 – (AD 1,435) – 27.4 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

The Quest in attempt to electronically pay a bill on time.

I did not get my Jim Trek’s posting up online yesterday as I spent another 4 hours, after al-ready spending 16 hours, attempting to track down and fix my electronic payment between Citibank, Fairpoint Communications, and Verizon.

It seems that when I tried and set up an electronic payee with Citibank online the default for the new account number that Verizon gave me is an old Fairpoint Communications format. Therefore, in the Citibank electronic funds wire system that account number still defaults to an old Verizon account to Fairpoint Communications. According to Fairpoint Communications they have not had a relationship with Verizon for at least 10 years.

Well luckily, I initiated the first electronic payment well in advance that I was not late with my payment due, but my original payment is still sitting with Fairpoint Communications. In turn I had to present proof to Fairpoint Communications from Citibank that the funds had incorrectly been sent to them and not to Verizon. Subsequently I reissued another payment to Verizon, sent fax documentation to Fairpoint Communication, and finally reissued a new bill payment to Verizon.

This means that I have spent a total of at least 20 hours on the phone talking to representa-tives at a combination of these three companies.

And to top it all I am always amazed at the final and last question that each representative had in common. “Thank you for your business, Mr. Smith. Is there anything else that I can do for you?”

My response “Do you provide new prescriptions for blood pressure increases?”

10 years! And who is to blame?

Yesterday I pedaled 27.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. I burned 1,483 calories, again a new record. My totals are now 30,491.3 miles; 49,071.1 kilometers.


And I have completed 90.4% of the distance to my next goal. Looks like I am going to have to find a new one.

A Genealogy Hunt update - Part 914sr – Smith Robertson Genealogy – Another DNA 111 Marker Match https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/


I just received news from Family Tree DNA that my Smith Y-DNA has another 111-Marker match. This time with a 9 Genetic Distance. The match is one John Faree Follis. This now makes that I have 8 relatively close 111 Y-DNA marker matches.

This is my 1,535th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 183,372 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment