Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Days 268 – (AD 1,430) – 26.7 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled my Schwinn 170 26.7 miles. Totals – 30,358.0 miles; 48,856.6 kilometers.


This morning I completed 67.4% of the distance to my next goal point.

Received a couple of notes, electronically, regarding my cycling which stated that the actual exercise of my pedaling was in question. Here’s a quick video of few seconds of my 60 minutes this morning while I am watching Series 10 Episode 23 of Supernatural.


Given the cycling part is real. The Mars part is made-up. The distance is real. I still have 7,843.6 more miles to go.

I am currently trying a new recipe to make a loaf of bread, Oma’s Artisan Bread Recipe.


This is my bowl after 12 hours of fermenting.

Soapbox –

Is not everyone getting tired of the inane and extreme ludicrousness of the current state of our government? Wilfred Owen’s poem “Insensibility” would seem to sum up and apply to the current state of affairs.

“Happy are men who yet before they are killedCan let their veins run cold.Whom no compassion fleersOr makes their feetSore on the alleys cobbled with their brothers…
…But cursed are dullards whom no cannon stuns,
That they should be as stones.
Wretched are they, and mean
With paucity that never was simplicity.
By choice they made themselves immune
To pity and whatever moans in man
Before the last sea and the hapless stars;
Whatever mourns when many leave these shores;
Whatever shares
The eternal reciprocity of tears.”

Our Rainbow Cranes quilt is now ready to quilt. The quilting design has been created.

Stay-tuned.

This is my 1,530th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 182,974 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment