Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Day 277 – (AD 1,439) – 26.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Continuing on my merry way, I pedaled another 26.0 miles this morning on my Schwinn 170. Totals are now at 30,595.8 miles; 49,239.3 kilometers.


And I have completed 7.5% of the distance to my new destination and goal point.

Last night I made Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo in my Instant Pot. It tasted alright, and I ate a double helping. (There went my FBS count.) I substituted Bok Choy for Celery, and Yellow Bell Pepper for Green.


My issue with the Instant Pot is that it appeared not to get hot enough to properly brown the Roux; the recipe called for Olive Oil and Flour. Think next time I’ll stick to making the Gumbo on my stove top… or create the Roux separately.

Two of our quilts Elation and OPOY (Orlando Pulse One Year) have been judged and accepted into The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum “2018 Men Just Wanna Have Fun Too”.

The show will be at The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum from February 5 to May 25, 2018 in Golden, Colorado.

Elation
JS AB - August 2016

OPOY (Orlando Pulse One Year)
June 2017


Soapbox –



Why bother?





This is my 1,539th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 183,810 Pageviews.
 
I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment