Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Days 264 – (AD 1,426) – 25.4 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 25.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now stand at 30,251.5 miles; 46,685.2 kilometers.


And I have completed 49.1% of the distance to my next destination.

Looks like the power surges that happened through the passing of hurricane Irma may have screwed up the resistance factor on my Schwinn 170. This morning I had to increase the resistance, as opposed to the 18/25 yesterday, to 25/25 to break a sweat. On the positive note I increased the number of miles in my alloted 60 minutes and I burned 1,250 calories.

My blood sugar dropped another 5 points this morning, which is not what I expected from last night’s supper of Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Bacon Chicken with Orzo or the number of mini-Coconut Banana Chocolate muffins I had.



My 112 mg/dL count supports preparing meals at home…and watching the amount of food that I shovel down my gullet.

And another casualty of Hurricane Irma was Fred. Fred got thrown out with the rest of the contents of our refrigerator after about 6 days of no power. Fred was my sourdough starter and was almost 2 years old. Well Fred 2 is now about 1-and-a-half weeks old. And the No-Knead Sourdough Loaf looks tremendous.

Reading –

The New York Times article by Nicholas Bakalar, “Saunas May Be Good for Blood Pressure”…

“Compared to those who reported one sauna session a week or less, those who took two to three sessions were 24 percent less likely to have hypertension, and four to seven visits a week reduced the risk by 46 percent. The study controlled for body mass index, alcohol consumption, resting heart rate, smoking, family history of hypertension and other variables.”

Alternate solution – Move to Florida during the summer.

This is my 1,526th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 182,618 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment