Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, October 13, 2017

Days 269 – (AD 1,431) – 27.1 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning up early and had to go to the vampire station. When I returned home I pedaled my Schwinn 170 another 27.1 miles. My totals now stand at 30,385.1 miles; 48,900.2 kilometers.


And I have 27.9% of the distance remaining to my next goal point and destination.

Food for thought –

I just received a call for “James Smith” from a 3rd party collection agency.

Okay, yes, I have the most common name in the English language. It was a collection agency from a bank claiming that I had an outstanding balance on an account (Yes, I have an account with the same business.)

I decided to play along with the caller and asked for the outstanding balance on my account. I was told that the balance was a 4-figure balance due. My immediate retort “I do not have any balance on my own account with that business.”

I was then asked for the last 4-digits of my Social Security number. My quick response “No, but could you tell me the last 4-digits of the SSN associated with the account?” The response that followed was a number completely different than my own. I immediately responding that it was not mine.

The caller asked me again. I responded in the negative, without giving my own and correct number. He said thank you very much, and hung up.

Well I have been on the face of this earth for at least 6-and-a-half decades, and even though I do have the extremely common name, this is the 1st time I have ever had anyone try to or mix-up me with another one of the other James Smiths.

Yes the Jim Smith Society does exist. It was founded in Pennsylvania when I was 18 years old.  And yes, I am not a member. And no, I’m not in the image on their Facebook page.

Today’s bread is my twist on Oma’s Artisan Bread. It is a Sourdough Loaf, and I used my new Fred II sourdough starter.


This one’s just out of the oven.

Been asked by a number regarding my recipe for No Pimento Pimento Cheese Spread.

8 oz. Very Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
8 oz. Cream Cheese
¼ cup Mayonnaise
¼ cup Greek Plain Yogurt
¼ cup Pickled Jalapenos
3 tsps. Sambal Oelek Chili Paste (This is the red that stuff that will give the Spread its color.)
3 tsps. Garlic, chopped
4 Green Onions
Salt and Pepper to taste

Throw everything into a food processor.

Rainbow Cranes quilt update. The quilting has started.


And the pieces of 30 5-inch Crane blocks have been cut for another Crane quilt.


Yeah! Guess what arrived in the mail yesterday? Kimberly Einmo's new line of fabric, Quilted Blessings!. My name was pulled in a drawing. http://www.kimberlyeinmo.com/

Stay-tuned.

This is my 1,531st post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 183,106 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment