Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 153 – (AD 583) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Greenough in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled another 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. And yes I completed 200 sit-ups, and from this vantage point the floor looks like it needs mopping.

This morning, on my virtual Trek, I am located on Brand Highway just south of McCarney Road at the town of Greenough. The population of Greenough is about 840. I am still in Western Australia and I think I will be in this state for some time more...while cycling on my real but virtual Trek.


My blood sugar is holding at 92 mg/dL. Last night’s supper – Bacon wrapped filet mignon; Roasted Japanese yams; Onion, Celery, and Carrot Salad… and Girl Scouts Samoas Ice Cream.  I am still free of any diabetes medications.  This is now the 382nd day without.

A thought-provoking article by Alan Noble in The Atlantic today – The Evangelical Persecution Complex. “Persecution has an allure for many evangelicals…But especially in contemporary America, it is not clear what that suffering will take. Narratives of political, cultural, and theological oppression are popular in evangelical communities, but these are sometimes fiction or deeply exaggerated non-fiction – and only rarely accurate… Globally, Christians face incredible discrimination… In the United States, evangelical values have often been in tension with public policy and cultural mores…” Interesting.

And this morning total Pageviews for Jim’s Trek now equals 46,393.

Grandpa off to toddler-sit.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment