Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 171– (AD 601) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – Six Dogs and My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 21.8 miles on my Schwinn 170 and completed another 200 sit-ups. I think I am beginning to think that I am getting older.

The Pack has increased to 6 canine quadrupeds. That’s all I'm seeing right now in the house. Five of them are all seated roundabout my chair at the PC.

This morning, okay early afternoon, I am located on National Route 1 also known as the North West Coast Highway. I’m not sure why it is called “Coast” highway as I am, what appears to be about 40, give or take, miles inland from the actual coast of the Indian Ocean. I am at the intersection of Manberry Road.


Just another 839 more miles until my next destination and goal point.

My blood sugar is under, what appears to be, control now, thanks to my exercise and diet. This morning the count dropped 11 points to 90. Over the past two weeks it has hovered between a high of 101 and the low 90s. I have gone a year and a month without any diabetes medication. The suggested range, by the American Diabetes Association (per WebMD), for a before meal test is 70-130 mg/dL. And I am falling right smack in the middle of that range.

Oh and for supper last night I had about a quarter of a pan of pizza bread, a dish of Spinach Manicotti, two glasses of Shock Top and a bowl of Samoas Ice Cream. I thought I was going to have something with turmeric but that went by the wayside. Tonight maybe some Montreal Chinese dry garlic spareribs.

Something to think about if you do or are considering rent in Arkansas… Backwards and obtuse in this day and age…

Check it out. Our Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt is a part of and on display at our local store, Keep Me In Stitches.

It is taking about 2 hours to quilt each individual block on our new Equality quilt. There are a total of 81 blocks; translated 162 hours of quilting the inner top. And on our domestic machine that is one hell of a lot of starts and stops. This is something that the sages advise to avoid, but who are we to mind the sages. The stencil, inspired by the works of Keith Haring, for the border quilting has been drawn and now it is time burn the acetate.

Can anyone tell me why I am most recently receiving a number of “come-on” emails from some youngish-type females? Is there something that I have written or said that appears to leading them on? I keep checking my electronic deodorant.

Jim’s Trek has now recorded, at this point in time, 47,427 pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment