Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 168 – (AD 598) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.7 Miles – East of Carnarvon In Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 170.

I was overzealous when I wrote up my total miles yesterday. I made a mistake. I now have only pedaled 12,221.5 miles. I miscalculated and I thought I was going to turn over 12,300. I’m off by about 4 days. And what’s a difference of 78.5 miles?


Today I am still virtually located in Western Australia and I am headed north on the North West Coastal Highway. I am at the intersection where Greys Plain Road meets the highway. Also I am just about due east of the coastal town of Carnarvon, population about 4,600.

The political battlegrounds for Governor are being drawn in this sunny state of Florida. The question is who to believe…or still, is this an election of the better of two “evils”? I am really trying to get my head around the lack of what appears to be perceived facts and campaign innuendos.

Am I missing something? Have we become so "dumb-downed" that we need to have labels in an attempt to make sure that we understand what we are reading?

First we have spell-check...and now we have "satire-check". Is the next "think-check"? The definition of "cross-check" is to "verify (figures or information) by using an alternative source or method." AI, I hope, does not mean that an algorithm should be thinking for me.


From The Washington Post, the article by Alexandra Petri “The Facebook Satire label is a great idea (SATIRE)".

And I just like thought provoking simple statements.

Ask if you must, and yes Radar is recovering.  A bit doped up but recovering.  I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day. Visine works.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment