Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 155 – (AD 585) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Headed North in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170 and I completed 200 sit-ups.

I have now accomplished 47.94% of my overall goal. And no, I did not want to lose weight…that would way too many pounds. I believe I've kept that reduction down to just under 10 lbs. from when I started my Trek on 2 December 2012. Things have shifted.

My waist measurement has been a different matter. I can proudly say that my exercise regime has helped me to cajole about 12” off, even though I’m dealing with a 62 ½-year old belly.


I am currently on the North West Coastal Highway and on the south outskirts of the town of Northampton, population about 870.

Well my blood sugar count this morning held up at 89 for the second day in a row. Last night I decided that I have to have something with fish. I found a recipe on The Kitchen Alchemist that I just had to try. I believe I was taken in on the images presented on the site…which of course I know, I know, I should never look at a picture of food and think that I should be able to replicate the same. But guess what? It worked and it was delicious.


And my image is not so bad. Spanish Cod One Pot served on boiled potatoes.  Ingredients - Cod, Chickpeas, Chorizo Sausage, Onion, Garlic, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Smoked Paprika, Italian Parsley, Saffron, Lime, Tomato Paste, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper... and of course Yukon Gold Potatoes.

And tonight I'm going to try to Sous-vide hamburgers.  (Did I say that I love to eat?)

Pageviews at this time in space for Jim’s Trek now equal 46,495.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment