Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 175 – (AD 605) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.9 Miles – As Far As I Can See On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. My total to date is now 12,374.6 miles; 19,915.0 kilometers.  I'm at just about 0.3% short of my 50% goal.


And the images of my virtual Trek in Western Australia are…well, consistent.

Question, if there is so much empty space on this small planet why are we as a human race continually fighting over a specific plot of land or sand? Just asking.

I am now 753 miles from my next destination and goal point as a part of my Jim’s Trek III.

Yesterday I received the 5th and 6th calls, all with a strong foreign accent and/or dialect with a semblance of attribute to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, et al. And it was the slimy Windows Service bogus call. Spam alert!

On the 5th I answered the call, listened for a couple of seconds to some “gentleman” ask about my Windows Software service and then, without any haste, I pressed the Home button on my phone saddle. The high pitch screech and Pack chorus symphony caused a click within 56 seconds.

The 6th call was a different voice, a female one. The 6th caller’s dialect definitely had some rings of the type of British enunciation I grew up hearing. “Meester Smeeth, There must have been a connection problem with our call. Are you in receipt of the documents remitted to you for your Windows Software Service?” A quick click of the home button and holding the mouthpiece at a close proximity created an even higher squeal. Click!


I’m taking odds as to how many times these idiots will continue to try and sucker me in. (The sad thing is that there are so many people today actually listening and allowing unbridled access to their private computer systems.)

Primary elections completed in our Sunny, Shiny State. Signals start and ramp up the slimy campaign announcements and ads. November 4th better hurry up and get here as quickly as possible.

My fasting blood sugar dropped 8 points this morning. It registered 93. Supper last night quite simple – Salad, Hot Dogs on the grill, and Scalloped Potatoes baked on the barbeque in a Hobo Pack.

Jim’s Trek now counts 47,678 pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment