Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 176 – (AD 606) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – Yup, The Dirt is Red by My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning, I'm back on my Schwinn 170. I pedaled 21.8 miles. And for those of you who are asking I have pedaled a total of 12,396.4 miles; converted 19,950.1 kilometers. This is the 606th day of Jim’s Trek.


From 2 miles up you can see that I am located, on my virtual Trek in Western Australia on National Route 1. That’s me now at the “B” marker. The distance between "A" and "B" is 21.8 miles, as the Google crow flies.


I am headed in a westerly direction and it looks like I am closing in and a place called Yannarie. From all that I can find I think it is some sort of rest stop at the Yannarie River. But everything looks red, rust-red, deep orange rusty red. I am now 731 miles from my next set goal and destination point.

I know I began my Trek and crazy journey on December 2, 2012. On March 12, 2014 I decided to start tracking my body fat percentage. Hell, I read some place, somewhere that it may be a good idea to set a reasonable goal, and I did. I’m trying to reduce my body fat percentage to 18%.


A chart I found on About.com – Low Carb Diets indicates that a healthy fat percentage range for a man between 61 and 79 years is 13% to 25%. Since I began tracking my average is now 19.2%. Check out the graph; the red dotted line is my downward moving average. My goal is an 18.0% average, and I am almost there.  I'm not ready to set the 17% goal yet.

Had Bright House Echo installed in the house yesterday. I cannot believe how many devices there are in this house where I had to change the sign-on IDs and passwords. Damn! But you would not believe the expediency of the upgrade to the Wi-Fi service. And the nice thing I discovered, (always read the fine print), is that as I already have the ultra-speed Internet service through Bright House I do not have to pay any additional charge for this new upgrade. Nice savings… or should I say, tongue in cheek, what was I paying for before?

Jim’s Trek now counts 47,882 Pageviews and is averaging just over 75 a day. Not bad for this weird real and virtual exercise journey.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment