Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 146 – (AD 1,051) – 23.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled another 23.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now stand at: 22,358.9 miles; 35,983.2 kilometers.



I am headed in a south-easterly direction and am located at SS115, 92019 Sciacca AG, still on the island of Sicily.

Playing with numbers. According to Meg James November 18, 2015 article in the Los Angeles TimesPolitical ad spending estimated at $6 billion in 2016” Wells Fargo Securities projected a massive lot of money might be spent in terms of political spending.

Well the 2016 Presidential Race, (I think all other races in 2016 are definitely going to take a back seat to this one), began with 23 focused and potential candidates. A very basic calculation shows that each candidate will cause about $260,869,565.22 to be flitted away in a total of 11 months. And now after just 1 month has passed and 10 candidates have withdrawn from the race, how much money will be saved and spent on the real needs of this United States of America?



The obvious answer “NONE”… and I didn’t even use the new Common Core Math.




Just learned something new. The word “kerfuffle” meaning a commotion or fuss, especially caused by conflicting views is derived from Scots Gaelic.




Andy's and my new Elation quilt and wall-hanging. Parts 1 and 2 now joined. Part 3 on the docket. Appliqueing should prove interesting. Still working on quilting design. Projected perimeter 160".



This is my 1,140th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 85,015 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment