Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Day 168 – (AD 1,073) – 24.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Longest Distance On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 24.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. This is the longest distance I have traveled, albeit pedaled, on my fitness cycle in my self-allotted 72 minutes. The previous distance top was 24.1 miles this past February 14th.

Clocking my time at 60 minutes, I ad pedaled 20.4 miles. My resistance on the 170 for this ride was 15/25. I thought that I would be getting slower as I put on the days, months and years. What can I say?



Today I decided to get off the highway. I definitely found an off-the-beat track. According to Google Maps I am now located at SP253, 198, 87075 Trebisacce CS, Italy. I have another 170 miles to go to get to the heel of the boot.

Supper last night was Punahou Portuguese Bean Soup. My blood sugar this morning registered at 117.  March 1st begins a regime of meals to bring the number down.

Kumquat's Lorax - 2012
JS A



3 1/2-year old grandson decided that for Show-N-Tell beginning with the letter "Q" at school he had to take his Quilt from Grandpa and Grandy.






And the who-supports-whom race begins…cause-I-want-to-be-able-to kiss-your-ring-if-and-if-you-become- king/queen…



I am amazed at the circus. In an interview with CNN Donald Trump said, and I quote

“I don’t anything about David Duke… I know nothing about white supremacists… I don’t know anything about the group you are talking about…” 

In this day and age, how is it that someone who running as a candidate for the Presidency of the United States can be so blatant and state that he is ignorant about something about the social history, good and/or bad of America.

And I had to search and ask the following question. “Who was the worst presidential candidate of the United States of America?” I found at Rant Political, posted by Chris Gamble “Worst Presidential Nominees of All Time”. Interesting collection...and of course it is on the internet.

As I type my Trek this morning I am overtaken by the aroma of bread baking. This morning I am trying two new concoctions: #95 White Rye and #96 White Coconut. The two are No-Knead loaves. The White Rye seemed to leaven somewhat.

And now all are out of the oven.

#95 White Rye No-Knead Bread

#96 White Coconut No-Knead Bread

Quilting continues on our Elation…  Here are some back view images.



This is my 1,165th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 86,951 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment