Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Day 167 ½ – (AD 1,072 ½) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Day and Dreaming Off My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This day is a “No Schwinn Day”. Not a negative thought, just my 7th day and it is my day of rest.

Early morning, cold weather, grandson’s soccer practice. At 3 ¾ years old we have to be explained to and coached that a mesh yellow singlet is a part of the playing apparel. There are no numbers on the practice singlets.

Something I’m thinking about from last night when I went to bed. I wanted to go to sleep and I started tossing and turning. I’ve always made it a habit that if I do not fall off to sleep within 10 minutes, I’ll be damned if I’m going to toss and turn for a time when I really want to get to sleep. And so I usually get up and find something to do that will cause my mind to eventually decide to be too tired to stay awake thinking about things, causing me to toss and turn.

Well last night it happened. I tossed and turned then I got up, and knowing that physically I needed the sleep, I went to the medicine cabinet and got me a little white tablet to zonk me out. (These tablets do work and I only take them so infrequently that a 30-night prescription can last me in the event of up to 2+ years.) And so I plopped the tablet. I was out like a light within 5 minutes.

And I remember one dream. It was a dream about the same thoughts I was having that were causing me not to get to sleep in the first place. I did not know that this was possible, but then again I do not follow dream interpretations and/or meanings. I am just very curious if this is a common thing or where on the scale of abnormality does this register?

Found a very interesting article published July 2010 in Scientific American “How Can You Control Your Dream?”  I wasn’t trying to control my dreaming, just wondering, and learning, as always.

Gonna try to make a Punahou Portuguese Bean Soup for supper tonight. Cold weather in Tampa, Florida means soups and stews for supper. For the residents, that is. (Just a suggestion.)

Got to update our quilt and wall hanging projects in progress.  Will do so.  Follow our progress at Quilts SB.

This is my 1,164th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 86,842 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment