Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, November 4, 2016

Day 61+40 – (AD 1,223) – 19.4 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 19.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Grand totals are now at: 26,111.3 miles; 42,022.1 kilometers.


Based on my calculations, I am 88.7% of the way to my next destination and goal point at Coogoon Valles. Overall I have completed 9.10% of the total distance that I intend to cycle on this somewhat, hopefully, desolate planet, Mars.

Soapbox –

While waiting for November 8th, it is not necessarily a good time to watch the excellent series “The Man in The High Castle”.



Season 1 is currently streaming on Amazon Prime and Season 2 begins mid-December.

WhatIs.com defines “social media” as “the collective of online communications channels dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content -sharing and collaboration.

BusinessDictionary.com’s definition is “Primarily internet or cellular phone based applications and tools to share information among people. Social media includes popular networking websites, like Facebook and Twitter; as well as bookmarking sites like Reddit. It involves blogging and forums and any aspect of an interactive presence which allows individuals the ability to engage in conversations with one another, often as a discussion over a particular blog post, news article, or event.

Note how the Business Dictionary definition uses the phrase “which allows individuals the ability to engage in conversations with one another…” That’s right, it “allows”. And from my understanding of the verb allow; one can allow, “give the necessary time or opportunity” which conversely means that one can also not allow “the necessary time or opportunity” or refuse.

Facebook is one of the “social media” platforms that I chose to use. It is a means that I can, if I keep my thought processes and postings within the realm of the boundaries set by the owners. (And I do not need anyone telling me that it is a publicly-traded company, therefore…”)

As I do not pay a subscription, neither do I own any shares in the company Facebook, I can post and expound to my heart’s content on my private Facebook page. I also have the opportunity, based on their rules to set several boundaries and physical posting restrictions to my own page. And I have the choice not to set any “blocks” in place.

And equally, I can delete any extraneous posting, and or comment, that is added to my Facebook page. The powers that be have not restricted that right. Therefore, it is quite in line whether I do not like something that anyone who so desires to post to my page, in effect to delete any contrariwise posting, comment, and/or response that is placed on my page. Also, there is no agreement and/or arrangement, that I am aware of, that if I “friend” someone or if I accept someone’s invitation to be a “friend” that I have to agree with any of their thoughts and/or philosophies. Period.

The arrangement I have is only with Facebook, the arrangement that I agree to when I accept to use their product. I do not have any obligation to anyone else. Neither is anyone else at liberty to post anything to my own page, that I must maintain it as nausea. There is nowhere in Facebook’s dictates that I or anyone I “friend” must read what is posted. Period.

New Blue Hearts quilt status – Before they are positioned together 193 small blocks must be completed.



Thus far we have created 150. Blue Hearts is a new queen size (approximately) quilt.

This is my 1,326th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 113,436 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment