Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, November 14, 2016

Day 69+40 – (AD 1,231) – 19.5 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Still On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning, after spending a fair amount of time on the phone trying to make sure that my paperwork and data/details are in place for my pending retirement effective January 1, 2017, I pedaled another 19.5 miles on my Schwinn 170.

I should say that cycling and sweating for 1 hour, watching the final episode of The Crown, certainly help me to calm down and compose myself.

Yes, one of the systems had me incorrectly terminated as an “active employee” effective August 31, 2013. One thing I’ve learned over these past number of years; always make sure the bottom-line is checked and re-checked... and re-checked.

Back to pedaling, my totals are now at 26,268.7 miles; 42,275.5 kilometers.


And on Mars, (oh to be younger and able to sign up for a one-way ticket), I have completed 21.5% of the distance, that is, 610 miles, to my next destination and goal point. I have cycled a total of 1,367.1 miles on the virtual surface of Mars. It is a bit dusty, though.

Soapbox –


Question – Even though the seated and soon-to-be-seated politicians may not take a serious look and examination at the current means of tabulating votes in this country, when will Congress be compelled, if at all, to redesign or eliminate the Electoral College?




And my early morning blood sugar dropped 16 points to 115 mg/dL. Guess this can happen when supper is homemade Beef Fajitas, Refried Black Beans, and Mexican Rice. Oh, yes I had to use Indian Basmati Rice.

Tonight, this American, formerly Canadian, born British in Jamaica is going to try a variation on King Oyster Mushroom and Shrimp stir-fry.



This is my 1,333rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 115,117 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment