Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, November 18, 2016

Day 72+40 – (AD 1,234) – 19.5 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

And this is my 1,234th day pedaling a Schwinn Fitness cycle. There is some ethereal hold over me by the number 1,234. Hell, if I know what, but it has been so for many, many years.



This morning I pedaled 19.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Tracking total: 26,327.5 miles; 42,370.1 kilometers.



Today I truly wish I was on the surface of the red planet. I have now completed 31.2% of the distance between Coogoon Valles and Commelin Crater.

Andy and just received this email yesterday concerning one of our quilts in the Fly Me To The Moon collection, our Apollo 1: The Beginning.

Our quilt was one of 12 (of 170+ quilts) chosen to be on display in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 1 tragedy.



If you're in the Houston area sometime between January 23 and March 31, 2017, look in at the Johnson Space Center, the Christopher Kraft Mission Control Building and check out the display.

If you would like to check out our details of this quilt you can see the details at our site Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/2016/01/q139-apollo-1-beginning-quilt-and-wall.html

Soapbox –

It is just so bloody hard to try and ignore what is happening in the interim.



This is my 1,336th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 116,247 Pageviews. At this current rate, it looks like my number of Pageviews are on track to match my October total of 6,611. Definitely would be great if I can surpass that total.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment